One of countless anti-Obama and Anti-US interference banners and signs seen today at Tahrir square. The people of egypt are claiming that the Obama administration is trying to keep morsi in power through threats and INTIMIDATION.
US President Barack Obama is standing behind the wildly unpopular regime in Egypt as the military coup proceeded in a more or less bloodless fashion.
President Obama said he was “Deeply concerned” by Egyptian Armed forces removing President Morsi and suspending the Egyptian constitution. While the suspension of the constitution is indeed a concern, it came as no surprise to the people on the streets of Egypt who clamored for the military to intervene on their behalf.
As the military ignored Obama’s “concerns” the US President called for a review of American assistance to Egypt in the aftermath of Mohammed Morsi’s ouster and urged the Egyptian military to quickly restore power “back to the people” …by which he meant Morsi.
“Given today’s developments, I have also directed the relevant departments and agencies to review the implications under U.S. law for our assistance to the Government of Egypt,” the White House statement said, indicating that the aid would be cut to Egypt unless Morsi was restored to the presidency.
“I now call on the Egyptian military to move quickly and responsibly to return full authority back to a democratically elected civilian government as soon as possible through an inclusive and transparent process, and to avoid any arbitrary arrests of President Morsi and his supporters,” he said.
The change in power came after days of the biggest protests Egypt has seen since Hosni Mubarak was kicked out of power and one year after Morsi was chosen president in the country’s first democratic elections. Some have said that the 30,000+ protests were the largest in the world. Either way, it is clear that while Morsi was democratically elected, he was also democratically ousted, by the people and for the people.
READ MORE >>
- Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood Leaders Arrested By Military, As the People Rage At Obama
- EGYPTIAN Protestors Give 24 Hour Ultimatum, MILITARY Gives 48 Hour Ultimatum to Morsi!
- BREAKING NEWS: Iran offers Syria $4 billion credit line
- DANGEROUSLY CLOSE: US Troops Near Syrian Border Following Obama’s Promise of No “American boots on the ground in Syria”
- SYRIA: Another Term, Another WAR
- Taksim Square and Elsewhere: Analyzing The Nature of Revolutions and Protests
- South African Protesters Declare: “Obama is a war criminal!”
- An Egyptian shop called ‘Hitler’ and How Der Grossmufti von Jerusalem Is Involved…